20 (un)Interesting Facts About Me
I totally stole this idea from someone else, but thought it was fun. So here they are; 20 interesting/uninteresting things about me.
1. I’m 30 year old
2. My father was born in Canada, which makes me half Canadian.
3. My grandfather would have been a big time jazz musician, but he was shipped off to Germany in WWII. I was very close to him and his funeral was on my 21st birthday. Not a fun way to turn 21.
4. In high school, I played saxophone and clarinet and was really, really good. I probably could have become a big time sax player, but I gave it up to play guitar.
5. I didn’t lose my virginity until I got to college.
6. I also didn’t start drinking until I got to college. That’s probably what helped me get laid.
7. I played in a punk band in high school called The Bloodsucking Freaks. In college, I was in an alt. rock band called Fortune’s Fool. I was kicked out of the band for being too rock n’ roll. A week later I started interning at the Rocker.
8. I have a third nipple. It’s really small and looks more like a mole or a freckle.
9. When I was 16 I spent a month in Israel. I brought back a stomach parasite and spent my first week home in the bathroom. I missed a Misfits concert because of this.
10. I got my first job when I was 15. I was a busboy for a restaurant called EG Nicks. I worked there for a month and quit to go to an Iron Maiden concert.
11. My first CD was Pearl Jam’s “VS.”
12. I have a killer record collection. The first records I bought with my own money were KISS Alive! and Iron Maiden’s “Maiden Japan”.
13. I don’t like roller coasters.
14. I love horror films. The first horror film I remember seeing was A Nightmare on Elm Street 3. My older sister was watching it. I was so scared that I had nightmares for a week that Freddy was standing over my bed.
15. I love heavy metal and punk. My favorite band is Iron Maiden. My least favorite bands are Supertramp and Sublime.
16. I’ve never done hard drugs. There were two occasions when I come close. The first was when someone dipped a cigarette in cocaine and had me smoke from it. The second was I popped a sliver of an Oxycontin. It made me so sick that I decided from that point forward I’d stick to drinking.
17. My first rock concert was the KISS reunion tour at the Palace in October of 1996. I finally met them in Allegan in 2012.
18. I was overweight and had long hair in high school.
19. My wife and I are the proud owners/parents of a 150 pound Great Dane named Archie.
20. I’m a radio host.