Camp For Child Burn Victims Starts Sunday In Kalamazoo
The Kalamazoo Department of Public Safety is among the sponsors for the Great Lakes Burn Camp this year.
The camp is a non-profit that provides a no-cost retreat for children, who have suffered burn injuries. In a release, the KDPS says the camp kicks of Sunday, August 7, with a parade. The parade starts at 1pm at Wings Event Center, where the children will ride a parade of fire engines escorted by motorcycles.
The Great Lakes Burn Camp says that supporters can wave at the campers as they ride along their route:
- Wings Stadium to Covington Road
- Covington Road to Kilgore Road
- Kilgore Road to Portage Road
- Portage Road to Center Street
- Center Street to “Q” Ave West
- “Q” Avenue directly to the Pretty Lake Vacation Camp