Group Therapy: What’s the Worst Thing You’ve Ever Said While Trying to Hit on Someone?
"Was your daddy a thief? Well, then... who stole the stars and put them in your eyes?"
Pick up lines are the worst, but sometimes flirting on the fly has major consequences. Reddit.com asked their users: "What's the worst thing you've ever said while trying to hit on someone?"
Here are some of the best responses:
1. "I was a waitress and wrote my number on the lid of a container of dressing for a guy. I winked and said, 'I put a little something extra on your dressing.' When he left I realized I hadn't put the lid on. Lord knows what he thought the 'something extra' was."
2. "The night I met my wife, I was drunk and told her, 'You remind me of this ugly girl I know.' My logic was that I shouldn't be talking about other girls, so I'd throw in the 'ugly' to show I wasn't interested. I still haven't lived it down."
3. "I was leaning in to ask a guy, 'What's your name?' but in the middle of the sentence I unleashed a giant burp. He had a disgusted look and walked away."
4. "I had just met a guy and was looking through his Facebook. When we talked next, I told him, 'The photos of you with your shaved head are hilarious! You look so weird.' He had cancer."
5. "When I was 17, a girl I really liked told me, 'I think of you like a brother, nothing more.' I responded, 'I hope you're into incest!'"
Rocker Morning Show wants to know... what's the worst thing you've said while trying to hit on someone?