Friend of the Rocker Morning Show, man-about town, movie critic, and raconteur, Ryan Jay stopped by The Rocker Morning Show to talk movies opening this weekend.
Now You See Me 2
- “There are holes in the plot, inconsistencies, continuity issues within this one and between this and the first. But I didn’t really care because it’s entertaining. There are loose ends. But what does work is the suspense, the drama, the trickery – all the cool effects, especially the choreography with the playing cards. Wow!”
- “It’s a fun movie.”
- “It’s a good movie. I’m surprised it’s so much improved from the first – I’d be happy, now, for a third.”
- See it!
The Conjuring 2
- “I am blown away by this movie! It’s my new favorite horror movie.”
- “It’s so well made, exquisitely crafted, beautifully cinematic… The craftsmanship elevates the genre.
- “There was one time, I was so scared, I almost started crying – fear tears. I’ve never experienced that before.”
- “Most horror movies are wasted and this was so excellent as a film – it should be studied in a film class.”
- See it!