9th Annual RAD Fest Coming to Epic Center in March
Over 40 choreographers and 10 screendance makers from Mexico, Japan, England, and across the U.S. are coming to Kalamazoo for one hell of a weekend. It's the 9th annual RAD Fest, March 9th through the 11th at the Epic Center. More than 40 performances. Over 260 dance artists. Master classes. Discussions. Parties. Something for every budget, including a free award winning screendance series, and $5 student tickets.
The Midwest Regional Alternative Dance Festival, or RAD Fest to the hip, is a chance for emerging experimental artists to show off their work, teach classes, lecture, and creatively collaborate. Submissions are accepted in September to be juried, with the best of the best invited to the Epic Center for a very rad three days. Kalamazoo loves art. Lets show these visiting artists just how much. See a performance, take a class, or chat them up over coffee. Tickets go on sale February 1st. See complete schedule below.
RAD Fest performances:
- Epic Center - The Wellspring Theater and the Judy Jolliffe Theater
- March 9th - 7-9p
- March 10th - 7-9p
- March 11th - 3p (family friendly matinee)
- $15/performance, $25/evening pass/$45 festival pass
- Student tickets are $5 per performance
- Check out the full performance lineup here.
The Screendance Series:
Visiting Artist Classes:
- Epic Center
- March 9th
- 2:30 - A Point - A Line
- 4:00 - Advanced Modern Technique
- March 10th
- 9:15a - Horton Technique
- 10:45a - The Ins and Outs of Breathing
- 12:15p - Contemporary Modern Technique
- 1:45p - Wisecracking
- March 11th
- 10a - Youth Contemporary Modern Technique
- 11:45a - Youth Contemporary Technique
- $15 per class/mulitple classes can be purchased for a discount
- Get more information here.
- Coffee Hour, March 11th - 10a, Central City Tap House - enjoy coffee, team a light breakfast, and discussion with the artists
- After-Glow, March 10th - 9p, Epic Center - DJ, buffet, cash bar. Party with the dancers
Bonus Videos: Definitely Bishop