Several Michigan State Parks To Offer Fireworks Free Fourth For Veterans
According to Michigan Department of Natural Resources, for the third year in a row several state parks and recreational areas will offer camping options for veterans and others who want a quieter Fourth of July.
Here are the parks that will offer a Fireworks Free Fourth July 1st through 4th.
- Bewabic State Park (Iron County)
- Brighton Recreation Area-Bishop Lake Campground (Livingston County)
- Cheboygan State Park (Cheboygan County)
- Craig Lake State Park (Baraga County)
- Hayes State Park (Lenawee County)
- Lake Hudson Recreation Area (Lenawee County)
- Leelanau State Park (Leelanau County)
- Rifle River Recreation Area (Ogemaw County)
- Sleepy Hollow State Park (Clinton County)
- Tippy Dam Recreation Area (Manistee County)
- Wells State Park (Menominee County)
The DNR says that most of these parks are located far from big displays. They can't guaranteed that fireworks will not be set off near the parks.
You can book campsites up to six months in advance. To do so or to check availability go to https://www.midnrreservations.com/.
If you want more details on a Fireworks Free Fourth click here.