Townsquare Media – Kalamazoo Employment Opportunities
Industry: Media – Radio
- Sales Account Executive
- Digital Content Intern
Position : Sales Account Executive
EXPERIENCE/ SKILLS: As part of an on-going recruitment campaign for our radio and digital advertising sales team, we are looking for an Account Executive who has the ability and desire to make a lot of calls to businesses, create relationships with current and potential clients and create great on-going advertising campaigns. Candidates must demonstrate dependability, passion, strong communication and problem-solving skills. Business acumen, open-mindedness and a sense of what it takes to win are essential. PREVIOUS BROADCAST/DIGITAL SALES EXPERIENCE A PLUS.
JOB SUMMARY: A Townsquare Media Account Executive is the primary contact to existing and prospective customers. You will develop business relationships; sell radio advertising, our digital portfolio of products, event sponsorships and sales promotion packages by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promote and sell radio advertising, digital products, events and promotional programs to existing clients on your account list
- Develop additional accounts by consistently cold-calling and creating relationships with new advertising customers
- The majority of your time will be spent on the street meeting, inquiring and crafting advertising programs for your clients, both new and existing.
- Prepares advertising schedules, promotional plans, sales literature, proposals and sales contracts.
- Responsible to accurately project revenues, meet and exceed monthly budgets for all product lines and overachieve annual budgets.
- Enters new customer data and other sales contract details for station clients into computer database.
- Follow accountabilities set forth by your Sales Manager to help guide you to success
- Investigates and resolves client issues.
Position: Digital Content Intern
- Undergraduate (sophomore, junior or senior) or graduate Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Film, Video and Media Studies or similar-field-of-study student
- Creative, ambitious, energetic and motivated to share our local news/features with others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Interest in and knowledge of social media channels and opportunities
- Computer technical skills (preferred but not required: WordPress, iMovie, Adobe Premiere)
- Must be reliable and demonstrate excellent follow-through, project management, teamwork and technical skills
- Must be able to commit to the position for at least one semester.
- Must receive college credit for the internship
- The Townsquare Media Southwest Michigan Intern will work as part of the Townsquare Media (TSM) team, under the supervision of the Digital Managing Editor, to provide assistance in editing, maintaining and enhancing the digital presence of the following radio brands’ websites and social media channels: 103.3 KFR, 107.7 RKR, Kalamazoo’s Country 102.5, WKMI 1360, 95.3 WBCK and Mix 104.9. The intern will interact with TSM team members, listeners and media representatives to help build and maintain a strong brand image and disseminate information regarding each of TSM’s local stations. The position requires 15-20 hours per week.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The intern may work on the following projects:
Top-edit several posts and features
- Share station posts on TSM’s social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube)
- Write press releases and disseminate information to media outlets
- Grow the local digital audience
- Assist in creative projects, including videos and blogging
- Attend TSM Southwest Michigan’s Live Events as part of the team and create content for the radio stations’ websites and social sites (ex: Oktobeerfest Kalamazoo, America On Tap Beer Fest, Wine Not? Winter Wine Festival, Ribfest, etc.)
- Publicize news/events related to the greater community
- Help develop a social media plan
- Update and maintain media contact lists
- Implement promotions online
- Research local events, news and information and develop story ideas for online contributors
- Other tasks as needed
Oops! We could not locate your form.
TOWNSQUARE MEDIA BROADCASTING, LLC MAINTAINS A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE AND IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. APPLICANTS MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Townsquare Media provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related) or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. In addition, Townsquare Media complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which Townsquare Media has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.