Townsquare Media – Kalamazoo Employment Opportunities
Industry: Media – Radio
- Sales Account Executive
- Sales Assistant
Position : Sales Account Executive
EXPERIENCE/ SKILLS: As part of an on-going recruitment campaign for our radio and digital advertising sales team, we are looking for an Account Executive who has the ability and desire to make a lot of calls to businesses, create relationships with current and potential clients and create great on-going advertising campaigns. Candidates must demonstrate dependability, passion, strong communication and problem-solving skills. Business acumen, open-mindedness and a sense of what it takes to win are essential. PREVIOUS BROADCAST/DIGITAL SALES EXPERIENCE A PLUS.
JOB SUMMARY: A Townsquare Media Account Executive is the primary contact to existing and prospective customers. You will develop business relationships; sell radio advertising, our digital portfolio of products, event sponsorships and sales promotion packages by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promote and sell radio advertising, digital products, events and promotional programs to existing clients on your account list
- Develop additional accounts by consistently cold-calling and creating relationships with new advertising customers
- The majority of your time will be spent on the street meeting, inquiring and crafting advertising programs for your clients, both new and existing.
- Prepares advertising schedules, promotional plans, sales literature, proposals and sales contracts.
- Responsible to accurately project revenues, meet and exceed monthly budgets for all product lines and overachieve annual budgets.
- Enters new customer data and other sales contract details for station clients into computer database.
- Follow accountabilities set forth by your Sales Manager to help guide you to success
- Investigates and resolves client issues.
Position : Sales Assistant
JOB SUMMARY: Support management and sales employees with sales administration, maintaining lines of communication between clients and the sales department, organizing sales office systems, monitoring and assisting with events and promotions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in preparation of sales proposals and presentations. Update media kits as needed.
- Type letters and memos for sales department using Word software.
- Act as a liaison between sales and traffic departments.
- Copy, fax and file documents.
- Assist in production and distribution of sales reports, sales orders and contract revisions.
- Receptionist back-up/switchboard relief.
- Participate in Sales meetings.
- Participate in all company and local sales training
- Additional duties assigned by the General Sales Manager or Business Manager related to sales support or administrative functions.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Possess excellent computer (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Superior organizational and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision
- Work experience in an Administrative support position required
- Prior experience having been gained in broadcasting, or other media- related business operation is a plus.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Ability to work accurately and well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize
- Ability to use standard office equipment
- Ability to work some evening and weekend hours with the understanding that overtime hours much be approved in advance in writing by a manager to be paid
TOWNSQUARE MEDIA BROADCASTING, LLC MAINTAINS A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE AND IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. APPLICANTS MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Townsquare Media provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related) or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. In addition, Townsquare Media complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which Townsquare Media has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.