Kalamazoo Is Now Hiring Public Safety Officers
Time is running out to apply to become a Kalamazoo Public Safety Officer. Find out how to apply, the starting salary and job description.
The Kalamazoo Department of Public Safety is hiring Public Safety Officers for service beginning in May 2017. Kalamazoo Public Safety Officers are cross trained as police officers, firefighters, and medical first responders. They respond to calls for police, fire, and medical emergencies, along with other duties. Applications may be submitted through Sunday, October 23 online ONLY, here.
- Free training
- New hires start at $18.76 per hour
- Certified Firefighters start at 20.62
- Hiring bonus for Spanish language
- Public Safety Officers are eligible for veteran on-the-job training education benefits and the federal direct student loan forgiveness program.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid Driver's License
- 21 years of age
- Must be able to pass written and physical tests and an extensive background check.
There are tons of advancement opportunities, like:
- Canine Handler
- Community Policing Officer
- Narcotics Investigator
- Crime Lab Technician
- SWAT Team
- Bomb Squad
- Honor Guard
- Command Officer