McDonald’s to Introduce First Ever Chocolate Shamrock Shakes, Shamrock Mochas to Michigan
The Shamrock Shake is one of McDonald's most popular seasonal offerings. The 2017 Shamrock Shake season will see the first ever chocolate Shamrock Shake and other Shamrock-themed beverages in its McCafe line.
According to BrandEating.com, the Shamrock line-up will include,
- Original Shamrock Shake - A blend of vanilla soft serve and mint-flavored Shamrock Shake syrup. New this year is a sprinkle of green sugar crystals to go with the standard whipped topping and maraschino cherry.
- New Chocolate Shamrock Shake - A layered shake with chocolate shake on the bottom and Shamrock Shake on top. It comes topped with whipped topping, green sugar crystals, and a drizzle of chocolate syrup.
- New Shamrock Chocolate Chip Frappe - A Chocolate Chip Frappe (mocha frappe base and ice) blended with Shamrock Shake syrup and finished with whipped topping, green sugar crystals, and a drizzle of chocolate syrup.
- New Shamrock Hot Chocolate - A hot chocolate (steamed milk and chocolate syrup) with Shamrock Shake syrup
- New Shamrock Mocha - A mocha (chocolate syrup, espresso, and steamed milk) with Shamrock Shake syrup.
The beverages will be available at participating McDonalds. ShamrockShake.com, which uses user reports to track where the shake is available reports that as of the first of February, Shamrock Shakes were located in suburban Chicago McDonald locations. Some commentors are posting they are told of a roll-out around February 7.
Certainly that means that Southwest Michigan McDonalds will be seeing the minty green treats soon.
Shamrock and chocolate and coffee - reading the list above, do you have one that you just can't way to try? Let us know in the comment section below.