Free CNA Course Offered At KCC
Kellogg Community College is offering free CNA training for Battle Creek residents. According to a press release on Sunday, KCC is still seeking applicants for a Nursing Assistant Training Program that starts in November and is being offered at no cost for Battle Creek residents who meet income deadlines.
Individuals interested in participating must contact KCC at 269-565-2828 or complete the information form online at kellogg.edu/iact by 5 p.m. Friday, Sept. 17. Participants must be at least 18 years old, have proof of graduation with a high school transcript or a GED. They must also complete the Accuplacer Next Generation Reading test with a score of 240 or greater and be able to attend the training for extended hours, daily, for the duration of the program: 8 AM to 4:30 PM, Mondays through Thursdays from November 8th through December 6th on KCC’s main campus.
KCC’s Nursing Assistant Training Program prepares students to take the Michigan Nursing Assistant Test to become Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs). Students also receive AHA Basic Life Support (BLS) Provider and AHA Heart Saver First Aid training, as well as foundational skills in demand with area employers.
The program training includes:
- Foundational-skills and technical training in health care
- Career coaches to help with goal setting, academic advising, barrier removal and job placement
- Financial literacy training
- Built-in work-based learning activities
- Exposure to health care programs and careers
- Industry recognized credentials
- The option to enroll in paid work experience
- Preparation for the state’s Nursing Assistant Test
- AHA Basic Life Support (BLS) Provider training
- AHA Heart Saver First Aid training
Students can also earn the following credentials through their coursework:
- The WorkKeys National Career Readiness Certificate
- AHA Basic Life Support (BLS) Provider Certification
- AHA Heart Saver First Aid Certification