Keep Fire Safety In Mind This Memorial Day Weekend
The Michigan Department of Natural Resources remind everyone to keep fire safety in mind This Holiday Weekend.
Here are some tips from The DNR to prevent the risk of outdoor fires escaping:
- Never leave a fire unattended.
- Keep campfires small.
- Be sure to have water nearby.
- When putting a campfire out, drown it with water and then stir until it is cold to the touch.
- Dispose of charcoal by dunking it in water and placing it into a metal container.
- Only use fireworks in driveways, parking lots, on gravel or in dirt-covered areas.