Honor the Heroes: Kalamazoo Area Memorial Day Parades 2019
Memorial Day is dedicated to those who have made the ultimate sacrifice and given their lives in service to their country. This is where you can honor their memory along the parade route in Southwest Michigan.
Friday, May 24
- A short program at the band shell will be held after the parade
Sunday, May 26
Fort Custer National Cemetery | Sunday, May 26 | 2 pm
- One of only 2 national ceremonies held in Michigan, hosted by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. Past events have included area bands, vocalists, a military flyover and special keynote speakers.
Monday, May 27
The parade will follow the traditional route from downtown to Riverside Cemetery with a dedication at Rose Park Veterans Memorial and presentation at Riverside Cemetery.
Marshall Memorial Day Parade | 10 am
- There is a special ceremony directly after the parade at the historic Oakridge Cemetery.
Portage Memorial Day Activities | 10 am
- Parade route begins at Southland Mall on S. Westnedge with a ceremony to follow at the Veterans Memorial by the Portage Cemetery, then a pot luck at VFW Post 5855.
Otsego Memorial Day Parade | 9:30 am
- Memorial celebration following at Hillside Cemetery.
Plainwell Memorial Day Parade | 11:00 am
Saugatuck/Douglas Memorial Day Parade | 9 am/10 am
- Each village has its own parade: Saugatuck at 9, Douglas at 10
Vicksburg Memorial Day Parade | 10 am
We would like to sincerely thank all the men and women who have paid for our freedom. We are thinking of them and their surviving family members on this Memorial Day.