Michigan Department Of Natural Resources Looking For Volunteers For June Stewardship Workdays
The weather is getting warmer and its time to get outside and Volunteer. The Michigan Department of Natural Resources is looking for Volunteers for June Stewardship workdays at State parks in Southwest Michigan.
Michigan Department of Natural Resources announced their June schedule of workdays.
Workday dates, locations (counties) and times include:
- Saturday, June 11: Holland State Park (Ottawa), 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 15: P.J. Hoffmaster State Park (Muskegon), 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Thursday, June 16: Ludington State Park (Mason), 5-8 p.m.
- Thursday, June 16: Saugatuck Dunes State Park (Allegan), 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Saturday, June 18: Warren Dunes State Park (Berrien), 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Saturday, June 25: Muskegon State Park (Muskegon), 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Sunday, June 26: Yankee Springs Recreation Area (Barry), 1-4 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 29: Fort Custer Recreation Area (Kalamazoo), 10 a.m.-noon
Volunteers are needed to find and remove garlic mustard from critical dunes along Lake Michigan before seed begins to fall. Activities at Fort Custer Recreation Area in Kalamazoo County will support seed collection of native prairie species.
For more details on DNR volunteer steward activities including meeting location and activities descriptions, please visit www.michigan.gov/dnrvolunteers and click on the link for the Calendar of Volunteer Steward Workdays.