Michigan’s State Parks Are Almost Full for the Memorial Day Weekend- Here’s Where You Can Get A Spot
Camping sites are still available at a few state parks in Michigan for the Memorial Day Weekend Summer kickoff.
Michigan Department of Natural Resources reports State Parks have more than 645,000 reservations for the Summer and many are sold out. Find out where you can still get a spot at www.midnrreservations.com.
These Michigan state parks have availability during Memorial Day weekend:
- Aloha State Park (Northern Lower Michigan)
- Baraga State Park (Upper Peninsula)
- Brimley State Park (Upper Peninsula)
- Burt Lake State Park (Northern Lower Michigan)
- Interlochen State Park (Northern Lower Michigan)
- Waterloo Recreation Area (Southern Lower Michigan)
Camping reservations can be booked up to six months in advance in state parks. Although many campers take advantage of making advance reservations, there are available camping spots located across the state throughout the remainder of the season. Campers are encouraged to visit www.midnrreservations.com or call 1-800-44PARKS (1-800-447-2757) to check on availability. Camping spots also are available on a first-come, first-served basis.