4th Annual Hidden Kalamazoo Tour
I love history. It's a passion. I also love that you don't have to take a trip to Gettysburg, Stonehendge, or Machu Picchu to get a good history fix. History is in your own backyard... and in the State Theater, the Ladies Library, the Chase Building.
Announcing the 4th Annual Hidden Kalamazoo Tour! Between 10:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. on June 18 & 19, tourists can go from one site to the next on their own schedule, starting and finishing at any stop. Each site will have a manager and a crew of tour guides. This year the tour goes into behind the scenes spaces that have been in constant use for over 75 years like:
• State Theater, 404 South Burdick St
• Ladies Library Association (LLA), 333 South Park St
• Boudeman Building (Rustica), 236 Kalamazoo South Mall
• Montgomery Wards (Terrapin/Walgreens), 237 Kalamazoo South Mall
• Chase Building (Hiemstra Optical), 234 East Michigan Ave
• Weber Block (Winston’s), 228 East Michigan Ave
• City Hall (Downtown Kalamazoo in Legos display & hub), 241 W South St
• Iannelli Fountain, Bronson Park
• BONUS SITE to be announced!
Tickets are $15 and are available at Spirit of Kalamazoo, D & W on Parkview Ave, D & W on Romence Rd, Kalamazoo City Hall, Kalamazoo Public Services Building, and Douglas & Son. Sales limited to 900. In previous years tickets have sold out almost a week before the tour, so get yours today!
Eight downtown restaurants are also offering discounts during the tour – just show your ticket to receive the discount! The Hidden Kalamazoo Tour is a fundraiser for the Kalamazoo Historic Preservation Commission, a self-funded city advisory board. This year’s sponsors include Peregrine Realty and the Kalamazoo Valley Museum. You can follow Hidden Kalamazoo on Facebook and Twitter for updates or click here!