Weirdest Cold Remedies Of All Time
Well, it's that time of year. Cold and flu season. For years I only got sick twice a year and always a cold. In fact, the last time I had the flu was the last time I took a sick day back in 1996. For the record, I've only been sick twice in 28 years at WRKR. However, the last couple of years I've added 1 or 2 more colds a year.
My remedy is simple and you can find it below. But first, here are the top 5 weirdest cold remedies from around the world.
1. Dirty Socks- Grease your throat with lard or chicken fat and wrap dirty socks around it.
2. Lizard Soup- Dried lizards mixed with yams and Chinese dates simmered in water.
3. Pickled Plum- Best steeped in hot tea with ginger and lemon.
4. Tallow Poultice- A small amount of tallow wrapped in a funnel cloth with mint and mustard, heated up and placed on the chest.
5. Turnips- Packed with vitamins C, A and B they're eaten by the plate full usually mashed plus the root vegetable acts as an expectorant.
For more weird remedies click HERE.