Traveling This Weekend? MDOT To Lift Work Zone Restrictions For Most Projects
As everyone gets ready to hit the roads this weekend, Michigan Department of Transportation will once again lift most work zone restrictions for the holiday weekend.
According to M-Dot, beginning Friday, June 30th at 3 p.m. through Wednesday, July 5th at 6 a.m. 94 of the 129 work projects around the state will have restrictions removed.
This is to help traffic over the long holiday weekend. There will still be restrictions in place for a few projects around the state.
For more details you can check out M-Dot interactive for construction projects through out Michigan.
Here is a list of work zones in Southwest Michigan that will still have restrictions though the holiday weekend.
- I-94, Berrien County, has the eastbound lanes shifted from Hennessey Road to the Van Buren County line.
- I-94, Berrien County, has two eastbound lanes open from Bridgman (Exit 16) to Stevensville (Exit 23).
- I-94, Van Buren County, has two lanes open in each direction over the Paw Paw River with a traffic shift.
- M-99 in Albion, Calhoun County, is closed and detoured.
- US‐12 in Three Oaks, Berrien County, has one lane open with a temporary traffic signal.
If you are traveling this weekend have a safe and happy fourth.
Bonus Video: Jambo African Cuisine in Kalamazoo-Foodamazoo