Update: Kalamazoo’s Sprinkle Road Bridge Reconstruction Over I-94 Begins on Monday March, 16th
Major work scheduled to begin next week on the Sprinkle Rd. Bridge over I-94. According to Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT), reconstruction on the bridge will begin on Monday March, 16th.
Below is an update on what will be happening. The work is scheduled to go through November.
What work is taking place now?
- Barrels and barricades are arriving in preparation of closing Sprinkle Road lanes and ramps Monday.
- Utility relocation is underway.
- Tree removal is underway.
- Ramp closures at the I-94 Sprinkle Road interchange.
- The ramps will be removed. Grading will start for the new ramps.
- The construction of the new Sprinkle Rd Bridge will start.
The following closures apply to Sprinkle Road ramps and Cork Street as indicated (weather dependent).
- EB I-94 ramp to NB Sprinkle Road
- EB I-94 ramp to Southbound Sprinkle Road
- WB I-94 ramp to Cork Street/Sprinkle Road
- NB Sprinkle Road ramp to EB I-94
- NB Sprinkle Road ramp to WB I-94
- SB Sprinkle Road ramp to WB I-94
- Cork Street bridge over I-94
- Sprinkle Road lane closures between Cork Street and Midlink Drive. One lane will remain open in each direction.
The following lane closures apply to I-94 (weather dependent).
- Nightly lane closures and shoulder closures on EB and WB I-94