HAUNTED MICHIGAN: Abandoned Castaways Restaurant in Lapeer
An empty restaurant sits on the shore of Lake Nepessing just a tad southwest of Lapeer in Lapeer County. The restaurant was called Castaways and had been a hotel among other businesses over the years. Legend says the building was also used as a bordello many decades ago.
Former employees of the property have reported a handful of phenomena:
1) A sensation of cold hands as you approach the stairs that lead to the roof
2) An apparition of a female leaning over the lighthouse platform
3) Human shapes on the lake with no rippling effect
4) Objects that move by themselves
5) Shadowy figure of a man walking completely off the dock and vanishing into the water.
6) Voices that come from the shadows telling you to leave immediately
So what is causing these incidents?
Did some things occur here many years ago that were never reported?
Read about a Castaways investigation performed by a paranormal group by CLICKING HERE.
As always, if you decide to visit, get permission to investigate inside, otherwise you risk prosecution. Outside shouldn't be a problem unless there are signs telling you otherwise. Be polite and respectful.