Kalamazoo State Theatre Reopens for Live Events: The Dude Abides
'The Big Lebowski' screening is the first event on the calendar as the historic Kalamazoo State Theatre reopens for live, in-person events.
I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing.
It hasn't been brief- it's been too long since we were together. With COVID restrictions relaxing in Michigan, Kalamazoo State Theatre is raising the curtain again for a screening of The Big Lebowski on April 17th.
This is not ‘Nam. This is bowling. There are rules.
There are still MDHHS guidelines to follow, so A sellout crowd will look much different as Kalamazoo State Theatre, like all venues, is operating at reduced capacity. Social distancing is encouraged and all seating is reserved, separated into pods of no more than four in a group. Temperature checks and masks will also be required to enter the facility and attend the event.
This aggression will not stand, man.
Sorry, Dude, those are the rules. Tickets are $10 each and available now.
6 Big Lebowski quotes you need to know before you go:
- “Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.” -The Dude
- "Man, come on. I had a rough night and I hate the f'n Eagles, man" -The Dude
- "F*ck it, Dude. Let's go bowling." -Walter
- "Do you have to use so many cuss words?" -The Stranger
- "That rug really tied the room together." -The Dude
- "Shut the f*ck up, Donny!" -Walter
ALSO SEE: 30 Most Decade-Defining Memes