KCC Is Offering $750 To Artists For Battle Creek Exhibition
Kellogg Community College is giving sculptors a chance to submit their works of art for consideration of being displayed during the 3rd Biennial Outdoor Sculpture Exhibition running through 2024.
After going through the submission application process, selected artists will be awarded a $750 stipend for general project expenses. Selected sculptures will be on display for public viewing on the College’s North Avenue campus, in Battle Creek, for 24 months, with the possibility of an extended installation or purchase. The stipend is funded by the KCC Foundation’s Art on Campus Initiative.
An artist or group of artists, interested in submitting materials for consideration must email supporting materials by the May 1st application deadline to:
Art Exhibits Director
Davidson Visual and Performing Arts Center
Kellogg Community College
The sculptors who succeed in impressing the folks involved in the review process will be notified by mid-May. The installation of selected sculptures will take place between June and July 2022 and remain on display on campus until removal, between May and June of 2024.
Submission requirements and the selection process is listed below:
Submission Requirements and Selection Process
- Each artist may submit up to five sculpture entries via digital photographs or detailed concept sketches.
- Each sculpture may be represented by two different angle or perspective images.
- Each submission should include the artist’s name, contact information, sculpture title, dimensions, media, and sale price (if applicable).
- Sculptures must be weatherproof and designed to withstand outdoor environmental conditions for at least two years. Care and maintenance of exhibited work are the responsibility of the artist.
- The artists are responsible for the transportation and installation of selected sculptures. Staff from KCC’s Institutional Facilities Department will be available to work with the artists on installation.
- If applicable, sculpture entries must describe in detail any special installation requirements.
- Sculptures may be offered for sale during the exhibition but must be exhibited at KCC for the full 24 months. Artists are responsible for the handling of sales, and no commission will be charged.
- Artists are responsible for the removal of all unsold artworks by a prearranged date following the exhibition. Art not removed in a timely fashion will be subject to storage or disposal fees.
- KCC will provide insurance to cover the artwork while exhibited on campus.
The KCC Art on Campus committee will review and select entries. All work must have strong visual appeal and complement or highlight the locations to be installed.
- KCC will provide publicity for each installed work of art. Entry into the exhibition includes permission for KCC to photographically reproduce any of the installed sculptures for publicity and educational purposes.
There are various locations throughout the campus for displays, including 6-foot round concrete pads to accommodate larger sculptures. There may be locations for larger sculptures, depending on installation and anchoring requirements.
The mission of the Kellogg Community College Foundation’s Art on Campus Initiative is to provide art experiences on KCC campuses for students, faculty, staff, and the community.