“Please See Cashier” At The Pump? Go Inside or To Another Station?
It is seriously too cold for this.
Tell me I'm not the only one.
Ok. Let me paint the scenario.
You need gas. You waited until the very last minute to fill up on your way home when everyone was there.
Or you said it's too busy and I'll get it on the way into work in the morning. This second scenario is and will forever be the death of us all. Because we're always running late and then once we get in the car we're like "oh crap, I need to get gas"! It never works out well for us.
Let me add layers onto this spectacular poop sandwich.
Gas is stupid high.
It's snowing and really, really cold out.
And when you go put your card in to pay at the pump...
You get this...
Why are you doing this to me?!?
There are a bunch of reasons why you could be seeing this screen and honestly, you have time for none of them.
Here's my thought process in no particular order. Let me know if you agree with one or all of them.
- I have no time to come inside and stand in line for this.
- You are short-staffed already and this simple transaction at the pump is already taking too long.
- I know I have money in my account.
- I'm not in the mood for human interaction of any kind.
- What's wrong with your machine?
- I'm already late.
- It's too many steps from here to inside the gas station.
- It's too cold for this $#*t!
- I just wanna get gas and go.
- If I wanted to come inside, I would have done that in the first place.
- Me coming inside defeats the whole "pay at the pump" experience that I've come to know and love.
- Why do you advertise pay at the pump when it never works when I DO IT?!?
- If I come inside, I'm going to have to buy something else.
- If I come inside, I'm going to get stuck behind someone who's going to take forever. Because they'll be buying cigarettes and lottery tickets.
- I'm gonna try this one more time and then I'm leaving.
Honestly, the real problem here is usually your chip card and the machines not reading it properly.
And how is that your problem?
Well, now you've got to come inside to pay for your gas.
It's just frustrating.
You were probably already worried about your card numbers getting skimmed because that's a thing that's been happening (as recently as October).
So now we find out that eight different gas stations here in Michigan have produced credit card skimmers stealing customers' private information, and two of these gas stations are here in the Lansing area.
Most people readily admit that if they can't pay at the pump and do it simply and easily, they'd rather leave and go to another gas station than go inside to pay for their gas.
Hit us up on the app or on our socials. Are you going to step inside or (even if your car is on "E") drive to another gas station?
LOOK: See how much gasoline cost the year you started driving
See the Must-Drive Roads in Every State