Detours Begin Wednesday for Two Bridge Projects in Calhoun County
A project involving two bridges in Calhoun County will lead to some detours for drivers beginning this week. On Wednesday, work will begin on the 11 Mile Road bridge in Burlington Township and the 13 Mile Road bridge in Tekonsha Township.
The construction is expected to last about a month for the bridges, which both go over the St. Joseph River. Detours will be posted to redirect drivers in the area. Work includes guardrail replacement and concrete repairs as well as some resurfacing on the roadways approaching those bridges. Work is expected to wrap up around May 11.
Meanwhile, there are several other spots in the Battle Creek area where projects are taking place. Here are some of the biggest ones to keep an eye on as you travel around Calhoun County this year.
- EB/WB I-94 east of Albion between M-60 & M-99 in Calhoun County – Shoulder closures for maintenance – Continues until Friday, April 15
- I-94 & I-69 Interchange in Calhoun County – Lanes closed for construction – Continues until Monday, April 18th
- NB/SB Ainger Rd at I-69 in Calhoun County – Closed for Construction – Continues until May 27th
- EB/WB M-60 across Calhoun County from the Branch to Jackson County lines – Shoulder closures for maintenance – Work takes place from 7:00 am to 6:00 pm each day - Continues until June 30
- EB/WB bridge on Jackson Dr. over I-69 from Church St to 15 Mile Rd in Calhoun County – Total Closure – Continues until late August
- SB I-69 Calhoun County from M-60 to Marshall Rd. - Lanes closed for construction – Continues until late August
- NB/SB I-69 from Ainger Rd. to I-94 in Calhoun County - Lanes closed for construction – Work takes place from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm each day - Continues until November 2022
- EB/WB I-94 in Calhoun County between Helmer & “F” Drive N - Repaving and bridge replacement & repairs - Continues until 2025 - Specific dates to be announced
Weird Sculptures Spotted From Michigan Roads
50 of Michigan's "Must-Drive" Roads