How Many Confirmed Coronavirus Cases In Michigan? Updated Daily
We're in decent shape. However, Michigan is seeing an uptick in new daily Covid-19 cases.
Nationally the U.S. had one of it's worst days ever with over 40,000 new Covid-19 cases. Statewide a gradual trend of lower new daily Covid-19 cases began in the middle of May. Then we saw very low number starting June 1st. In fact, we dropped into double digits on June 15th (74 new daily cases reported) for the first time since this whole thing began. Seeing far fewer confirmed Covid-19 cases at the same time testing far more people in the state of Michigan is a very promising sign. However, we still need to practice social distancing and follow other CDC guidelines as we are seeing a steady trend of new daily Covid-19 cases increase each day this week. Below you'll find both Total Confirmed Covid-19 Cases and Daily New Cases in Michigan.
LIVE UPDATES: Coronavirus in Kalamazoo, MI
Click here to see a zip code break down of confirmed Covid-19 cases in Kalamazoo County.
To see a full county by county break down of confirmed Covid-19 cases and deaths from the State of Michigan click here.
The Kalamazoo County Health Department said in an email to follow these steps:
- Stay home if you are mildly sick (runny nose, sneezing, cough)
- Call your doctor before going to clinic
- Only go to the emergency department if you are very sick. Severe COVID-19 symptoms include shortness of breath, confusion, chest pain or pressure, and bluish lips. This list is incomplete; talk to your doctor about other signs of medical emergencies
- Follow public health recommendations and orders
- Adhere to the Governor’s executive orders
- Wash your hands
- Cover your mouth when you sneeze or cough with your elbow or sleeve
We are updating information on Covid-19 frequently. You can see those updates by clicking here.