Just Add Soap? Great Wolf Lodge Unveils Safe Opening Plan, Date
Even keeping a water park clean and safe is a concern. Traverse City's Great Wolf Lodge has a comprehensive plan to open the complex before the end of June.
Traverse City and Northern Michigan were the first regions in the state to reopen as Michigan's stay home, stay safe restrictions began to be loosened. Bars and restaurants welcomed back regulars, fired up the grill and opened the taps and tills. Now, they are ready to turn on the water at Great Wolf Lodge, Michigan's largest indoor water park on June 23.
Fifty percent capacity is a common cautionary measure as businesses reopen, but 50% means many more people when you're talking about a 38,000 square foot indoor water park v.s. the corner bar. Here are some of the preventative safety measures you can expect to see at Great Wolf Lodge:
- Social distancing markers used in lines for attractions throughout the water park
- Plexiglass will be installed to add separation in closely confined areas
- Hand sanitizer stations added throughout the resort
- All staff will undergo a wellness check before each shift
- Updated cleanliness and sanitizing standards and procedures for common areas and guest rooms
- Food will be available for remote ordering and pickup
- Additional contactless payment options for goods and services
We've heard from experts that the Coronavirus is not transmitted through water so pack up the kids and head north to Great Wolf Lodge for some wet and wild family fun.