Group Therapy: What Was Your Worst Attempt at Hitting on Someone . . . That Actually Worked?
In the Game of Love, sometimes the Fates are on our side. There’s no other explanation as to why some of our half-assed attempts at hitting on someone actually work. Reddit.com asked their users, “What Was Your Worst Attempt at Hitting on Someone… That Actually Worked?”
Here are some of the best responses:
1. “On Halloween, I thought a girl was dressed as an apple, so I went up and said, ‘You’re the apple of my eye.’ She said, ‘I’m a strawberry.’ I said, ‘Okay, well you’re the strawberry of my eye.’ We ended up having sex that night.”
2. “I pulled up next to a girl I’d had a thing for in high school. We rolled our windows down and I said, ‘Want to race?’ She said yes. The light turned green, she took off . . . and a cop pulled her over for drag racing. We dated after that.”
3. “I asked a waitress at Red Lobster, ‘So . . . do you come her often?’ And I still wound up getting her number.”
4. “I saw a guy at a bar but couldn’t get his attention. I jokingly threw my lighter at him . . . which hit him in the back of the head. It obviously hurt . . . I walked up and said, ‘I think I dropped my lighter.’ We’ve been together nine years.”
5. “At my cousin’s wedding, I was drunk and tried to hit on one of the groomsmen by saying, ‘So, did YOU ever hook-up with my cousin?’ Turns out he had. Everyone else got really awkward. We still got-it-on.”
The Rocker Morning Show wants to know: what’s your worst attempt at hitting on someone that actually worked?