6 Things to Know About Kalamazoo’s Second Chick-fil-A
Just 2 years after the chicken chain came to Kalamazoo, a second location is opening.
It's official: the Kalamazoo City Commission has approved rezoning at West Main and Drake to bring a second Chic-fil-A location to Kalamazoo. Entrepeneur.com notes 24 interesting facts you should know about the chain; here are some highlights:
1. Chick-fil-A practically invented the chicken sandwich
- Originally a burger and steak joint called The Dwarf House, owner S. Truett Cathy came up with a fast-cooking method to popularize the chicken sandwich as we know it today.
2. The first 100 customers at a new restaurant get free Chick-fil-A for a year
- This is why we saw campers at the Westnedge Ave. store when they first opened in February of 2017.
3. Only 3 states don't have a Chick-fil-A
- Vermont is the only one of the continental United States without a franchise location.
4. Chick-fil-A is the most polite fast food restaurant
- Call it Southern hospitality, y'all. You'll hear "please" and "thank you" more often here.
5. The secret sauce is no secret
- A 2012 Tweet revealed that the "secret" sauce is just ranch, honey-mustard and barbecue all mixed together.
6. Expect a second location soon at the corner of Drake and W. Main.
- As the approval for rezoning has just been approved, there is no official timeline yet but construction is imminent. Please pull to the next window for your chicken with a pickle.