Elvisfest in Ypsilanti Will Have You All Shook Up
The undisputed King of Rock and Roll, Elvis Presley left one hell of a legacy. How could he not, when, according to Graceland.com, he had no less than 149 songs chart on the Billboard 100. 149. Staggering, right? Although considered much too racy for the time (those hips got him in a lot of trouble), he won the masses over with his blue eyes and southern charm and 41 years after his death people continue to discover and celebrate the music, the myth, and the man, in festivals across the States, like Elvisfest in Ypsilanti. Elvisfest is two whole days of Elvis love, with some of the best impersonators in the country, kids activities, raffles, and so much more. Tributes to Roy Orbison, Johnny Cash, and James Brown will be featured this year, rounding out the soundtrack to your 50s/60s time-hop. So, dust off your leather jacket, pomade that pompadour, and shine up your saddle shoes; Elvisfest is coming July 6th and 7th.
What you need to know:
- When: Friday, July 6th and Saturday, July 7th
- Gates open at 4pm Friday, 11am Saturday
- Where: Downtown Ypsilanti
- Cost: Friday, $25 per person - Saturday, $45 per person (children 12 and under are free) Get tickets here.
- For a full list of events and festival information, click here.