Michigan Department Of Transportation To Lift Traffic Restrictions This Holiday Weekend
It is looking to be a busy weekend on the roadways and to ease travel This Weekend, Michigan Department of Transportation is lifting traffic restrictions where possible.
MDOT announced by press release, that restrictions on more than half of its road and bridge projects to ease traffic delays for holiday travelers.
Beginning at 3 p.m. Friday, July 1, and continuing until 6 a.m. Tuesday, July 5, 102 out of 144 MDOT projects statewide will have lane restrictions removed. Be advise to continue to watch for equipment and certain traffic configurations, like temporary shifts or shoulder closures, which may remain in place.
Here are a few of the work zones that will remain active or have restrictions over the weekend.
- I-75, Chippewa County, has one lane closed in each direction under the Dafter Road bridge with a temporary concrete barrier wall.
- M-28, Gogebic County, has one lane of alternating traffic open over the Presque Isle River with a temporary traffic signal.
- M-94 in Manistique, Schoolcraft County, has a posted detour at US-2.
- US-41 in Hancock, Houghton County, has a posted detour for northbound traffic.
- US-41 in Ishpeming, Marquette County, has one lane open in each direction with a traffic shift between Third Street and Second Street.
Northern Lower Peninsula
- M-27, Cheboygan County, has northbound traffic detoured on I-75 and M-68.
- US-23 in Cheboygan, Cheboygan County, has one lane open with a temporary traffic signal.
- Cascade Road in Grand Rapids has one lane closed over I-96 with a traffic shift.
- I-196 in Grandville, Kent County, has the westbound ramp to M-11 (28th Street/Wilson Avenue) closed.
- M-45 (Lake Michigan Drive) in Walker, Kent County, will have lane closures in each direction between Kinney and Sunset Hills avenues.
- M-66, Ionia County, has the southbound bridge over I-96 closed with traffic shifted onto the northbound bridge.
- US-31, Ottawa County, has two lanes open in each direction between Ransom Street and Lakewood Boulevard with a traffic shift. The southbound US-31 entrance and exit ramps at I-196 Business Loop (Chicago Drive) are closed with a detour posted.
- US-131 in Grand Rapids has one southbound lane closed between Ann Street and Leonard Street. Also, the Ann Street ramp to southbound US-131 is closed, as well as the southbound US-131 exit ramp to Leonard Street.
- I-94, Berrien County, has one lane closed in each direction between Stevensville and Bridgman. Also, the Red Arrow Highway ramp to westbound I-94 (Exit 16) in Bridgman is closed with a detour posted.
- I-94, Kalamazoo County, has a traffic shift in place at 40th Street. All ramps at the interchange are closed with a detour posted.
- US-12, Cass County, has a lane shift at Old M-205 for roundabout construction. Old M-205 and Five Points Road are closed with a posted detour.
- US-31, Berrien County, has one lane closed in each direction over the St. Joseph River between Niles Buchanan Road and Walton Road.
- US-131, Kalamazoo County, has one lane closed in each direction between U Avenue and I-94 in Portage. Also, the Centre Avenue ramp to northbound US-131 is closed with a detour posted.