Kalamazoo Getting Millions More To Fix Roads
Wouldn't you know it! Domino's might not have to fix our roads after all! On the other hand, the more the merrier when it comes to our crumbling infrastructure. Thanks to everyone who weighed in on what roads needed serious attention as we get ready to nominate them to our friends at Domino's Pizza and their road crews.
However, word has come down from our state senator and my former neighbor Margret O'Brien that of the 330 million dollar increase in the state budget for roads and bridges, 4.6 million will be headed to Kalamazoo County; this according to misenategop.com. They've even pinpointed some of the projects.
- $1.8 million for a project on Zylman Avenue in Kalamazoo;
- $850,000 for a project on Idaho Avenue in Portage, and
- $600,000 for a project on Lovers Lane in Kalamazoo.
- $850,000 for a project on Portage Street in Kalamazoo;
- $460,000 for a project on Texas Drive from 8th Street to 12th Street, and
- $55,000 for a project on Wellhouse Drive in the village of Vicksburg.
Check out the rest of the details by clicking HERE.